Welcome back to The Not So Wimpy Teacher Podcast! This episode is something I didn’t think I’d need to record a few months back, and that’s how to make the Centers safer. COVID has brought a world of uncertainty to what will come in the Fall. I wish I had the answers for everything, but what I can do is come up with some tips to help make things a little better. I am not a Doctor, these are just my personal tips, but please do make sure you’re following the rules at each of your teaching locations. These are just my personal opinions.
I love the Centers so, of course, I am a little bit worried. The hands-on activities at Centers will be at risk this Fall, so think of ways to continue learning that is safe and still engaging.
In this episode I talk about:
- Laminating your center materials so they can be more easily disinfected
- Creating a sanitization routine
- Having students use hand sanitizer BEFORE and AFTER using the activities
- Having plenty of activities so each student has their own at any given time
- Creating independent kits for the tools each student needs to use
- Using digital centers that make kids think deeply and not just play games
BIG NEWS! We are working on making our Math Centers all digital on Google Slides. We are making them very engaging and creating opportunities for the students to really think deeply while still having fun! They’re so close to being finished, so keep checking back at www.notsowimpyteacher.com and get on the waitlist for these when they go live!
There’s no denying that this school year will be a bit unconventional, but the students are so lucky to have you making their year great. Have a not so wimpy day!Want more Not So Wimpy Teacher tips and tricks? Find tons of resources on our website at www.notsowimpyteacher.com and follow me on Instagram @notsowimpyteacher where I share daily!