Welcome back to the Not So Wimpy Teacher podcast!
Is your school implementing a hybrid teaching model this year? Otherwise known as a combination of in-person and virtual learning, usually with students split into two groups, each of them spending some time learning in the classroom and some time learning from home.
One of the best ways to teach with a hybrid model is to flip your instruction. Instead of teaching in person and sending kids home to do the work, have them watch the lessons at home and come to school to do the work. This way they have your attention and assistance when they need it most…while they are doing the actual work.
Episode 72 Takeaways:
- Record Whole Group video lessons
- Keep video lessons short & don’t worry about perfection
- Batch record and get a bunch done at one time
- Share your screen to show powerpoint, passages or anchor charts
- Do practice activities in class
- If a student can’t watch the video at home, let them watch when they arrive
I have said it before, and I will say it again, there is NO perfect solution. My heart goes out to you because I know how hard you are working. Keep reminding yourself that this is temporary. It won’t last forever.
Want more Not So Wimpy Teacher tips and tricks? Find tons of resources on our website at www.notsowimpyteacher.com and follow me on Instagram @notsowimpyteacher where I share daily!