Here are some of my tips:
- Make answer keys so that you can quickly check work.
- Ask students to rotate back and forth between math and reading centers.
- Make more center baskets than you have groups so that there is always a choice of centers. This way students are more likely to have a center available to them that they have not yet completed.
- Put games in the basket that students already know how to play.
- Ask if any parents are willing to help.
- You could add even more excitement by rewarding students with a piece of candy or a sticker for every completed center.